I'm a contract web developer (both front and back end code) working in the UK, my skills are listed at the bottom of this page. If you would like you can view my projects and work.
When I'm not sat in front of Sublime Text:
- I might be skiing or snowboarding, both I've been doing for years.
- Getting muddy mountain biking, local rides in the Peak District or riding further afield.
- I've recently starting climbing, hopefully I keep up with it over Winter.
- While doing these things it's likely I'll be also indulging in my love for photography.
- Several years usage and good understanding of object oriented PHP5.
- Working knowledge of several frameworks:
- CodeIgniter version 2.1
- Laravel version 3 and 4
- Slim version 2
- Solid usage of Composer and writing PSR compliant code, I have also released several Composer packages.
- Ability to write efficient code, and ability to utilise caching mechanisms.
- I write semantic markup and have a good understanding of HTML5 elements.
- I believe in progressive enhancement, using CSS3 where possible.
- Experience of developing responsive designs.
- Linux server setup, specifically Debian / Ubuntu, also usage of CentOS 5.
- Knowledge of installation and configuration of: PHP, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, and Memcached.
- On my personal projects I use Git, my open source work can be found on my GitHub profile.
- I have also used Subversion and Perforce.